The Importance of FF&E (Furniture, Fittings and Equipment) in Interior Design
FF&E stands for furniture, fixtures, and equipment. The building’s “FF&E scope of work” refers to everything in a room that isn’t bolted down. This includes furniture, wall decor, and anything else you can think about – even if they’re not physically attached!
FF&E is a crucial element in interior design. When styling an office space, for example, ff&e service will include sourcing of desks, chairs, and workstation designs to match the overall interior design finished look. In residential settings, includes furnishings such as lighting, bedframe, bedside table, sofa, etc.
One important thing to keep in mind when choosing FF&E is how it will impact your bottom line. There are 3 factors to keep in mind.
- Find the right FF&E
- You can ruin your interior design and even make a space look smaller with the wrong color, size or style. Imagine if you purchased an oversized bed frame that took up all of those little walkways between walls?
- A well-designed space has complementary colors so everything looks cohesive instead of overwhelming on its own .
- Compare price
- You can expect to pay a premium for the latest and greatest products. And with so many companies vying in this industry, it’s not surprising that you’ll see varying prices from model-to product line when comparing different makes/models of similar functions or features across various brands. Individuals should factor into their purchasing decision by taking these additional costs into account before making decisions about what kind of products might work best based solely off price alone
- Consider product quality
- The quality of products you use can have an impact on how well people feel in their spaces, which ultimately affects them psychologically and emotionally -— so it’s important to hire professionals who know what they’re doing!
Why engage FF&E service
When it comes to interior design, many things go into the planning and execution of a successful project. One of the most important – but often overlooked – aspects of a successful interior design project is the selection and coordination of furniture, fixtures, and equipment. This is where a professional FF&E service can come in handy.
Benefits of working with a professional FF&E service
- When it comes to furniture selection, they understand that the two are equally important.
- Depending on your business needs, they can provide you with the right furniture.
- They have a wide network in the industry to source the right designer furniture for your interior space.
- They can help you stay within your budget without compromising on quality or style.
- In addition to sourcing, procurement, and installation of FF&E, their team possesses extensive experience.
How ADS can help you
There are many furniture stores and interior design companies like AR-kee Design Studio in Singapore that offer FF&E service for both residential and commercial spaces.
At AR-kee Design Studio, you can count on us as your partner throughout this entire process because we understand how important it is for you to feel comfortable and confident to purchase the right furniture for your indoor space.
When you engage our interior styling and ff&e service, we will work closely with you to understand your design preference, source and match the fitting furniture option with your interior design style.